Support & Tips
Welcome to our support & tips page. Here you will find information on color applications, questions and problems. If you cannot find the information you are looking for here, please contact customer support.
- Which Application is Right For Me?
- Sprayout: How do I guarantee the color will be correct?
- What is a spray-out?
- Who makes your paint?
- Why do I have to take a sample to my body shop?
- Why is my color a "Factory Variance Color"?
- My color says it requires a base. Do I really need the base and what exactly is a "base"?
- How do I know if my color requires a base (tri-stage)?
- What is meant by compatibility?
- My body shop has clearcoat and reducer, why do I need yours?
- What are reducer/reduction ratios?
- Can I sand between color coats?
- What are your paints made of?
- Is it necessary to use clear-coat?
- I noticed that point of the touch up pen is removable. Why?
- How long will my paint last?
- Do I need a touch-up applicator or an aerosol can to do my job?
- If I ordered paint in aerosol, will it turn out as good as a body shops paint job?
- What do I need to do a proper paint job?
- Touch-up Paint Problems
- Paint Trouble Shooting
- How long do I wait to apply stenciling or decals?
- What do I do if I have an orange peel effect?
- What do I do if my paint looks foggy/milky/hazy after clear coat
- What do I do if my Paint/Clearcoat is peeling or bubbling?
- Can I spray over my existing paint job?
- Why is it important to blend? How do I blend?
- What do I do if I get overspray on other areas?
- How long do I wait to mask an area before painting another area?
- Can I reduce my paint more than specified in the ColorRite instructions?
- What do I do if I have a run or sag on my paint?
- What is the flash time of the ColorRite Paints?
- What is the pot life of the ColorRite paints?
- What is the shelf life of products?
"I wanted to take some time and let you know that you have some great people working at Color Rite.
I called in an order and received excellent service from one of your representatives. Tawny was extremely
helpful and even though I asked a lot of her, she came through for me with no problem. THANKS Tawny!!!"
"I received the order and the color is perfect. You guys are the best."
"I just had to write a quick note to say how pleased I am with your company. I placed my order on your
easy-to-use website, and just a short while later I received both a notification that the item had already
been shipped and an invoice for my records. The product came in quickly and was an exact color match.
Thank you for a great online shopping experience~ I will definitely recommend your company to others!"
"Bravo! You folks have the fastest shipping, the best internet response, and a great product. The touchup
paint I received is a perfect match. You even charged me actual shipping cost rather than the fixed rate.
I could not have asked for more. I just went out and posted a recommendation for your products and service
on Suzukihaybusa.org. Maybe you'll get some business from it. Way to go."
"I was very surprise at your excellent service and kindness. It is really refreshing to know that there are
still great companies out there; ColorRite is a prime example. It is my duty now to share with friends and
co workers about this experience and I am sure they will use your services in the future. Thanks again."